Best Practices Holiday Parties
In the next two to three weeks, most companies will be holding their company holiday parties, and with that will come a lot of risk. Without the appropriate precautionary measures, legal consequences can quickly dampen the festive nature of these company-sponsored events. With the growth of social media, that last thing you want is a picture of yourself dancing on the table posted on YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Also, almost 40 percent of all holiday traffic fatalities involve alcohol. Here are a few thoughts as you start planning for your company event.
Whether your business is large or small, we have the products to meet your needs. Every business and industry is unique. As business owners ourselves, we understand the special protection businesses need to prosper.
Do Some Pre Planning
- Make it clear that employees are not required to attend as a condition of their employment.
- Remind employees of your harassment policy.
- Remind employees that the company policies apply to events outside of the normal work hours.
- Don’t have gift exchanges, they never work. If you must, gifts should be business and family appropriate.
Reduce Your Risk By
- Do not conduct business at the company party.
- Do ever have an open bar, always use a restaurant or licensed bar tender.
- Provide alternative transportation options.
- Offer food and alternatives to alcohol.
- Card everyone who attends.
- You can limit drinks by using a vouchers or ticket systems.
- Do not hang mistletoe, ever.
- Invite spouses and even other family members.
We are ready to help you better understand your risks. Please call our office today. We are locally owned and operated out of Overland Park, Kansas and are strongly represented in all areas of the Kansas City metropolitan area including not only Kansas City, but also Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa & Shawnee. We primarily write business in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas but are licensed in the entire State. We primarily write business in Jackson, Cass and Platt County in Missouri but again are licensed in the entire State to write business.
Our business success depends on how effectively we serve our customers. As a designated Trusted Choice agency, we are dedicated to providing the best service in the industry. Experience the difference by giving us a call today. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are here to assist you in any way possible.
See which companies we represent.
We are licensed in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.