Businesses Have many different risks to manage including; cyber risk, employment issues, fire and even insider fraud. Fraud experts have found that the average fraud loss averages $50,000, (The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners). Your commercial insurance program should include employee dishonesty or fidelity, including losses due to employee dishonesty, credit card forgery, computer fraud and theft, and disappearance and destruction of property. Fidelity policies will cover a business for losses caused by an employee’s dishonest or fraudulent acts. These can provide businesses with the best possibility of recovery.
There Are Ways To Help Reduce Your Risk In This Area
- Complete background checks on all new employees
- Create internal policies and procedures that require checks and balances
- Have a third person approve all purchases or checks over a certain amount
- Have an outside accounting firm review your records annually
- Require all employees to take their scheduled vacations
- Have separation of services between check writing, approval and deposits
Employee fraud is a greater risk than most businesses think. Have us complete a free review of your business insurance program to make sure you have the best possible combination of coverage price and service.
We are locally owned and operated out of Overland Park, Kansas and are strongly represented in all areas of the Kansas City metropolitan area including not only Kansas City, but also Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa & Shawnee. We primarily write business in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas but are licensed in the entire State. We primarily write business in Jackson, Cass and Platt County in Missouri but again are licensed in the entire State to write business.