A Business Insurance Update
Hurricane Harvey’s impact will be felt for the next three to five years, or even longer. Many affected businesses may not survive. It is our hope that all the people and businesses impacted by Harvey will recover as soon as possible. For those businesses that had flood insurance, the recovery will be helped through the insurance resources. There are other kinds of disasters, or losses, which can cause your business to be shut down. Now is the time to have us complete a business insurance review. We can offer many coverage and pricing options for your business.
Disaster Planning for Your Business
- Review your commercial insurance. Being proactive can help in the end. We can help you determine what coverage is best suited for your individual business needs.
- Put together a crisis team and a plan. Design a plan for the kinds of disasters you are likely to have. Have contingency plans for continued operations. This may mean developing agreements with other businesses for use of their facilities or locations for a short term.
- Meet with your insurer as soon as possible. Developing a relationship with your claims adjuster is critical. Be willing to provide all information required.
- Request an upfront partial payment. This will help you fund your recovery.
- Be prepared to document all expenses. It might even help to hire an accountant to help you with post loss expenses and documentation.
We are locally owned and operated out of Overland Park, Kansas and are strongly represented in all areas of the Kansas City metropolitan area including not only Kansas City, but also Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa & Shawnee. We primarily write business in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas but are licensed in the entire State. We primarily write business in Jackson, Cass and Platt County in Missouri but again are licensed in the entire State to write business.