Winter is fast approaching and the potential damage to your auto, RV, motorcycle and even ATV can be serious. Most of us are getting our homes prepared for winter, but don’t forget about your vehicles. Many kinds of winter damage can be insured under the auto comprehensive coverage on your policy. However, it is better to do a little preparation to avoid auto claims all together. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Brad Runnebaum and Jeff Hartman established PlatinumOne Insurance Agency in 2008. We have established relationships with some of the top carriers in the industry including Travelers, Allied, Safeco and many others.
Winter Vehicle Preparation
- Keep your car well maintained.
- Put snow tries or studs on when legally allowed.
- Check the battery. Cold weather makes the vehicle’s battery work much harder and getting stranded in the cold is no fun!
- Clean, flush and put new antifreeze in the cooling system.
- For best results in clearing the cold, heavy grime off your windshield, select a washer fluid containing an antifreeze solution. But be aware that some washer fluids can be harsh and damage your car’s paint.
- Keep a small tube of lock deicer around in case you have a frozen lock.
- Keep the gas tank as full as possible. Running out of gas in freezing conditions would not be good.
- Pack a safety kit that includes a flashlight, water, jumper cables, blanket, flares, boots, paper towels, gloves, radio, and shovel.
Time for a Personal Insurance Review
Now is also a good time to have us review all of your personal insurance needs. We have access to many competitive markets that can offer you personal insurance discounts.
We are locally owned and operated out of Overland Park, Kansas and are strongly represented in all areas of the Kansas City metropolitan area including not only Kansas City, but also Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa & Shawnee.