Holidays are especially dangerous times because many people celebrate by over-drinking, making themselves susceptible to alcohol-related troubles. Almost 40 percent of all holiday traffic fatalities involve alcohol. Due to the safety, dangers and liabilities involved, companies and individuals alike are coming to the realization that there are ways to organize a fun, yet safe party that will prevent people from becoming the next alcohol- or drug-related statistic. With the growth of social media, that last thing you want is a picture of yourself dancing on the table posted on YouTube, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Limit alcohol use. If your event is at a restaurant, limit complimentary drinks to one or two per person.
- Consider serving wine rather than hard alcohol.
- Using a caterer or restaurant for your party can limit your personal and/or company liability.
- Don’t make your party mandatory.
- Don’t allow people to mix drinks on their own.
- Make it clear that no drug use will be tolerated.
- Offer rides home to anyone who you think needs it.
- Have cab numbers on hand. If someone should not be driving and they insist on going home, call a cab for them instead of allowing them to take the risk of driving home.
- Have a good selection of food and non- alcohol drinks available.
Remember to all PlatinumOne Insurance for a complete insurance review. We can assist you in making sure your business insurance provides the right combination of coverage and pricing. Have a great time, be safe and Happy Holiday.