As we move into fall and winter, Platinum One Insurance offers these reminders for your safety. We have access to very competitive auto rates. We offer great service at affordable prices. Remember; get to where you are going safely.
Winter driving safety tips:
- Don’t drive while if you are tired.
- Keep your tank full of gas.
- When driving on snow, accelerate slowly, helping you to gain traction and avoid skids. Break slowly as well.
- Make sure your breaks are working correctly, and snow tires are a must.
- Keep safety kit in your truck, including blanket, boots, gloves, hat, flashlight, water and shovel.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on a wet, icy, sandy, or otherwise slippery road conditions.
- If your vehicle becomes stuck in snow. Your vehicle can become a warm place to stay. Do not try to walk in a severe storm, especially if you are out in the country.
- Steer your car into the skid. If your vehicle loses traction and begins to skid…steer the front tires into the direction of the skid.
- It’s important to use your headlights in the daytime, not so much so that you can see, but so that other cars can see you.
- Check tires, make sure they are fully inflated.
- A blocked exhaust may cause carbon monoxide gas to leak into vehicle’s interior while the engine is running.
- Always allow time for your car to warm up before driving.
Remember weather conditions can change quickly, so plan extra time to get where you are going. Don’t ever assume your time on the road will be uneventful. You could get stuck in snow or in traffic for extended periods.