Workers’ compensation is designed to protect injured workers from on the job accidents or injury. Workers’ compensation also protects employers from large medical bills and time-loss claims. This kind of insurance is an important part of your business insurance program. The risk climate has changed, and will continue to change, and it is important that workers’ compensation keep up.
Ways Workers’ Compensation is Changing
- With all the changes in healthcare, workers’ compensation will most likely be integrated in some way with health insurance.
- Will the Federal Government take over workers’ compensation like they did with healthcare? There could be new fines for employers who fail to provide coverage to injured workers.
- How will illegal workers be treated in the future? Most states do allow for illegal workers to be covered under workers’ compensation, but will that continue?
- As medical providers merge, it is going to lead to increased costs.
- Will self-insurance or group plans be more attractive to employers in the future?
Whatever the case, you need an agent who is ready to help you manage your risk. We are locally owned and operated out of Overland Park, Kansas and are strongly represented in all areas of the Kansas City metropolitan area including not only Kansas City, but also Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa & Shawnee. We primarily write business in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas but are licensed in the entire State. We primarily write business in Jackson, Cass and Platt County in Missouri but again are licensed in the entire State to write business.